Polish Chapel, Lairg

National Grid Reference (NGR): NC 58700 06200, map


Address

Main St, Lairg
Sutherland
Scotland

Description

Polish Chapel, Lairg

This chapel appears to have been used by the Polish population, perhaps during the Second World War (this cannot be confirmed at the time of writing). It was a Nissan hut, which dates it to the 20th century. It is likely to have been built in currugated iron, or wood, with perhaps a felt and tarred roof. Researched by G. Binnie, compiled by J. Dowling, 12/12/03.


Events:

  • Chapel: Build/construction (1900)