Watten Parish Church

National Grid Reference (NGR): ND 24360 54650, map


Address

Watten
Caithness
Scotland

Description

Watten Parish Church

Construction materials: Stone - Used for walls; Slate - Used for roof;

This church was built in 1908 by D. and J. R. McMillan as a United Free Church. It later became Church of Scotland, and is now the parish church. The church has a tower to the front and is Gothic in style. It may have the bell from a nearby church that was demolished in the 1950s (site 0293). When last visited the church was in good condition and in full ecclesiastical use. Researched by G. Watson, compiled by J. Dowling 15/9/2004.


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1908)
    People: D & J R Mcmillan