St Blanes Parish Church

National Grid Reference (NGR): NN 78285 01338, map


Address

High Street
Dunblane
Perth
Scotland

Description

St Blanes Parish Church

Construction materials: Stone (sandstone) - Used for walls; Slate - Used for roof;

This is a town church in High Street. It was known as East Church until it united with Leighton Church. It was built as a Free Church in 1854. The church has a tower with a spire that contains a single bell, over 28 inches in diameter. It was cast by John C Wilson of Glasgow in 1854 and weighs 538 lbs. The church is in full ecclesiastical use and in good condition. Researched by A. Wilson, compiled by J. Dowling, 29/9/03. Added to 18/11/04.