Bridge of Allan Parish Church

National Grid Reference (NGR): NS 79140 97350, map


Address

Keir Street
Bridge of Allan
Stirling
Scotland

Also known as:

  • Holy Trinity Parish Church (1948)

Description

Bridge of Allan Parish Church

Construction materials: Stone (sandstone) - Used for walls; Slate - Used for roof;

This church was built in 1860, and additions were made in 1895. It was rebuilt in 1904. It is on a corner site, between Keir Street and Fountain Road. It is in good condition and is in full ecclesiastical use. Researched by A. Wilson, compiled by J. Dowling, 31/7/03.


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1860)
  • Church Extended (1867)
  • Church Extended (1877)
  • Church: Addition (1895)
    People: Honeyman & Keppie
  • Church: Build/construction (1904)
    People: Charles Rennie Mackintosh.
    Additional: Rebuilt
  • Church renamed (1930 to 1948)
    The Church was renamed "St Andrew's"
  • Church renamed (1948 to 2003)
    The church was renamed "Holy Trinity Church" following a union of St Andrew's with Trinity Church
  • Church renamed (2003)
    The church was renamed "Bridge of Allen Parish Church" following the union of trinity church and Chalmers Church

Bibliographic References:

NameAuthorDateNotes
History and architecture of Bridge of Allan Paris ChurchBridge of Allan Paris ChurchBridge of Allan Paris Church. Date unknown. History and architecture [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.bridgeofallanparishchurch.org.uk/church-history [Accessed 21st January 2018].