St Lukes Parish Chruch, Paisley

National Grid Reference (NGR): NS 48250 63140, map


Address

Neilston Rd, Paisley
Renfrew
Scotland

Description

St Lukes Parish Chruch, Paisley

Construction materials: Stone (sandstone) - Used for walls; Slate - Used for roof;

This church was originally called the South Church, but its name was changed to St Luke's when it amalgamated with Oakshaw West Church in around 1970. The church has grey sandstone walls and a slate roof, and is in good condition and in full ecclesiastical use. Researched by G. McCrea, compiled by J. Dowling, 26/3/2004.


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1836)
    People: James Lamb
  • Church: Alteration/conversion (1891)
    People: James Donald