St Johns Parish Church, Paisley

National Grid Reference (NGR): NS 48230 64070, map


School Wynd, Paisley


St Johns Parish Church, Paisley

Construction materials: Stone (sandstone) - Used for walls; Slate - Used for roof;

This town church was built in 1863 by James Salmon and Son. It has grey sandstone walls and a slate roof. The church closed several years ago after the amalgamation with High Church and Congregational Church to form Trinity Church. It is not known what use, if any, has been found for the church. Researched by G. McCrea, compiled by J. Dowling, 26/3/2004.


  • Church: Build/construction (1862 to 1863)
    People: James Salmon & Son