St Barr's Church, Dornoch

National Grid Reference (NGR): NH 76760 89690, map


Address

Dornoch
Sutherland
Scotland

Description

St Barr's Church, Dornoch

This is the site of St. Barr's Church. It stood in the eastern part of the Cathedral graveyard, and may have been a pre-Reformation Parish Church. It was demolished in the 17th century, and was thought to have been between the 6th and 10th century. Building work in 1926 revealed the remains of the church, but no remains are now visible. Researched by L. Ketteringham, compiled by J. Dowling, 18/9/03.