Kettle Old Church Site

National Grid Reference (NGR): NO 31080 08290, map


Address

Kingskettle
Fife
KY15 7PL
Scotland

Introduction

The earliest known church in the parish of Kettle was at Lathrisk (site number: 8427), near Newton of Falkland. This church was moved to the village of Kettle in 1636. The building is no longer standing, but was probably located to the southeast of the present parish church at Kettle (site number: 1221).     It probably went out of use in the 1830s when the new Kettle Parish Church opened.   A graveyard to the south east of the present parish church was probably associated with the old church.


People / Organisations:

NameRoleDatesNotes
Church of ScotlandDenomination1636-C1830The church went out of use around 1830, shortly before the construction of a new church in 1834.

Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1636)
  • Graveyard: Consecration (1636)
  • Church: Abandonment (c1830)

Archive References:

NameReferenceNotes
Canmore - Online database View Canmore Report Online: 31223
Scottish Church Heritage Research Archive - Offline databaseReference: 4645