Creich Parish Church

National Grid Reference (NGR): NH 61080 91660, map


Address

Swordale Road
Bonar Bridge
Sutherland
Scotland

Description

Creich Parish Church

Construction materials: Stone (sandstone) - Used for walls; Slate - Used for roof;

This is a Parish Church for the parish of Creich. It is a large rectangular west-facing building located in the centre of the village of Creich. The west elevation has a clock tower surmounted by a steeple and bell tower. The church is constructed in sandstone, with dressed stone features. It has a slated roof. There are tall stained glass windows and a vestry behind the main structure. The chuhrch is in very good condition and is well cared for. It is in full ecclesiastical use. Researched by West Reid, compiled by J. Dowling, 27/8/03.

Bellcote

 

Clockface

 

Stained Glass

 

Tower

 

Vestry

Events:

  • Church: Addition ( to 1930)
    People: Percy Bacon
  • Church: Addition
    People: Roland Milton of Glasgow
  • Church: Build/construction (1911 to 1913)
    People: Alexander Maitland & Sons