Parton Parish Church

National Grid Reference (NGR): NX 69700 69890, map


Parton Village, Castle Douglas


Parton Parish Church

Construction materials: Stone (whinstone) - Used for walls; Slate - Used for roof;

This village parish church was built in 1834 by Walter Newall. It is located on rising ground overlooking Loch ken, besdie an old trackway leading into The Glenkens. The church has whinstone, sandstone and granite walls and a slate roof. It was in good condition and in full ecclesiastical use when last visited. Researched by A. Penman, compiled by J. Dowling, 5/4/2004.

Burial ground


  • Church: Build/construction (1834)
    People: Walter Newall