Borgue Parish Church & BG

National Grid Reference (NGR): NX 62970 48310, map


Address

Borgue
Kirkcubrightshire

Introduction

The church was built in 1814 using masonry from the medieval church on the same site. The bell of 1712 came from this previous church. 


Description

Construction materials: Stone (whinstone) - Used for walls; Slate - Used for roof;

The church is built from whinstone and has a slate roof. In the church's graveyard is a tomb to Sir William Gordon of Earlstoun, which is built in sandstone. A. Penman, compiled by J. Dowling 30/7/03.


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1845)