Tattie Kirk, Falkirk

National Grid Reference (NGR): NS 88900 79740, map


Address

Cow Wynd, Falkirk
Stirling
Scotland

Description

Tattie Kirk, Falkirk

Construction materials: Stone - Used for walls; Slate - Used for roof;

The Tattie Kirk in Falkirk dates to 1806 and is octagonal-shaped and approached by an external stair. It measures 46' across internally. The walls are built in rubble with ashlar quoins and window margins. The roof is shallow, with slates, topped with a replica urn. The interior, now gutted, used to have a gallery. It was a Church of Antiburgher Secession until 1879. It is now used as a sawyer's store. The exterior of the building is complete, but concern should be raised about its continued good maintenance, since it is no longer used for ecclesiastical purposes. Researched and written by J. Dowling, 5/9/03 and 11/11/03.

Finial

Gallery

Nave


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1806)