St John's Bathgate

National Grid Reference (NGR): NS 97660 68750, map


Address

Mid St, Bathgate, Bathgate
West Lothian
Scotland

Description

St John's Bathgate

Construction materials: Stone (sandstone) - Used for walls; Slate - Used for roof;

Church built in 1894 as an United Presbyterian church. It emerged as aunited congregation after the period of church troubles in Scotland, which embraced the Burgher and Anti-Burgher, Auld Licht and New Licht controversies. It became a congregation of the Church of Scotland in 1929. R. McDonald, compiled by J. Dowling 29/7/03.