St David's Church, Bathgate

National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 97650 69150, map


Address

St David's, Bathgate, , , , ,
West Lothian
Scotland

Description

St David's Church, Bathgate

Construction materials: Stone (sandstone) - Used for walls;

The church is built in a modernised Early English Style, with a lancet gable onto the street. Built of red sandstone in 1904 by J. Graham Fairlie, it was part of a complex of halls and tower, although the halls, tower and town hall have now been demolished. It provides a central focus for the Bathgate skyline. In 1954 a stained glass window with three lights, depicting St Columba, St Andrew and St Ninian was insserted. Below this is a panel of the three industries of Bathgate -mining, steel, engineering. Written by J. Dowling 9/12/04

Stained Glass

Hall

Tower

Date: 1904


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1904)
    People: J Graham Fairley