Places of Worship in Ruthven Parish in Tayside Region

  • Ruthven Old Church

    The site of this medieval church lies under the current parish church, built in 1859. The church was given to Arbroath Abbey by Robert de London, son of William the Lion, in 1180. According to Warden (1880-5) the medieval church was dedi...

    The current parish church, site of the medieval church
    2 photos
  • Ruthven Parish Church

    Situated just off the A926 between Rattray and Kirriemuir and overlooking the River Isla. Although the site was first recorded as a church in the 12th century, the current Church was built in 1859. 

    Rear of Church from Graveyard
    12 photos