Places of Worship in Newtyle Parish in Tayside Region

  • Keillor Chapel, Newtyle

    This is the possible site of a lost chapel just outside of the village of Newtyle. It was thought to have stood near farm cottages in a field, but no traces of a chapel or any structure was located. A J Warden could not find the site in ...

    The possible site of the chapel, near to farm cottages
    1 photo
  • Newtyle Former Church

    This former church is located on the corner of Church Street and Castle Street in the planned agricultural village of Newtyle. It is has a simple rectangular plan and was built with coursed tooled sandstone and a slate roof.

    Newtyle Library
    4 photos
  • Newtyle Parish Church

    This large church is located on the edge of the planned village of Newtyle. It was built in 1872 to replace the previous church, which was destroyed by fire in 1867. The architect was Andrew Heiton Jnr. of Perth. There have been a number...

    Newtyle Parish Church
    16 photos