Places of Worship in Mains and Strathmartine Parish in Tayside Region

  • Pitempton Chapel, Strathmartine

    There is evidence of there being a small chapel in the parish of Strathmartine dedicated to Nine Maidens. The site is unknown, and was unlocated by Warden in the 1880s when he investigated the chapel. He suggested that it may have been l...

  • Strathmartine Old Parish Church

    The first parish church of Strathmartine was built in 1249 and dedicated to St Martin. The church was rebuilt in 1779 but was demolished soon after when the parishes of Mains and Strathmartine were united, in 1799. A new church for the u...

    View of the site of the church from the south-west
    7 photos