Places of Worship in Kinnettles Parish in Tayside Region

  • Kinnettles Ex Free Church

    This United Free Church closed in 1919 and was bought by Sir James Duncan, who donated the building as a hall for the parish church and the wider community, with a library which is open for public use at least once a week. The church was...

    Former church and war memorial
    15 photos
  • Kinnettles First Parish Church

    The first parish church of Kinnettles stood in what is now the graveyard of the latest parish church (see also 'Kinnettles Parish Kirk'). It dated back to the 12th century and had a tower. It was demolished in 1812 when Samuel Bell built...

    The graveyard of the current parish church, where the first church was located
    4 photos
  • Kinnettles Mill Church

    An early church or chapel was reputedly located on a small rising known as Kirkhill, near to where a later mill and farm were built. The church pre-dated the later Kinnettles parish churches (12th century and 1812) but no traces of it ha...

    The site of the mill and church
    3 photos
  • Kinnettles Parish Kirk

    Kinnettles Parish Church was built in 1812 by Samuel bell, replacing a medieval original that was demolished. It is rectangular with Gothic details and has a small bellcote. It sits within a walled graveyard in the hamlet of Kirkton. The...

    South elevation
    16 photos
  • Wester Foffarty Chapel, Kinnettles

    Wester Foffarty Chapel was built in the 1660s on a fairly steep hillside at the bottom of Kincaldrum Hill. It was destroyed and burnt to the ground by royalists in 1745 and the ruinous, roofless shell was gradually eroded and weathered t...

    The arable field where the chapel once stood
    1 photo