Places of Worship in Carmyllie Parish in Tayside Region

  • Back Boath Chapel, Carmyllie

    A chapel dedicated to St Lawrence was located here and was established in around 1250 or earlier. The site was pointed out to the Ordnance Survey in the 1850s, who described it as being in arable land near to a well, which drained into a...

    Back Boath Chapel, Carmyllie
    1 photo
  • Carmyllie Parish Church

    Carmyllie Parish Church has a long and interesting history. A chapel, known as 'Our Lady's Chapel' was situated here in the 16th century, but an earlier 15th century chapel was also located here, built by David Strachan of Carmyllie...

    View of theh church and graveyard from the south-west
    28 photos
  • Our Lady's Chapel of Carmyllie

    This medieval chapel was built by David Strachan of Carmyllie in around 1500 or slightly earlier. It was originally a chapel of ease for Arbroath Abbey and known as St Mary's from an early period. The First Edition Ordnance Survey map sh...

    The grounds of the current parish church, where the chapel stood
    4 photos