Places of Worship in Barry Parish in Tayside Region

  • Barry Parish Church

    The present Barry Parish Church was built in 1800, with several later additions. However, the site of the church is much older. Originally William The Lion granted the church to Arbroath Abbey. It was called the Church of Fothmuref, but ...

    View of the church from the south
    31 photos
  • Monastic Site, Barry

    It has been suggested a possible early monastic site was located near to, or in, what is now the parish of Barry, near Dundee. A source, mentioned in Cowan and Easson (1976) suggests a house of Trinitarian Friars, or 'domus Barensis' was...