Places of Worship in Towie Parish in Grampian Region

  • Belnaboth Chapel, Towie

    There is a brief mention of a chapel and well being located in this rural area in Towie parish. The chapel was located in a fairly high area of the parish, with rolling fields and rougher moorland to the west. The Ordnance Survey visited...

    The area in which the chapel was located
    1 photo
  • Kinbattoch Chapel, Towie

    The New Statistical Account of 1845 mentions an 'ancient' chapel being located at Kinbattoch, but no other information has yet been uncovered about this place of worship. It is likely the chapel would have been located close to a stream ...

    The general area of the chapel site
    1 photo
  • Ley Chapel, Towie

    The New Statistical Account (1845) mentions an ancient chapel in this area, known as Ley, but no site has ever been successfully found and the site has only been narrowed to a 1km map square (NJ 46 14). RCAHMS visited the area in 1997 bu...

    The general area in which the chapel was located
    1 photo
  • Nether Towie Chapel

    There is mention of a chapel in Nether Towie in the 1866 Ordnance Survey Name Book, where they found a farm house built on the apparent chapel site, or close to it. No remains were found then or have been since, and it is not clear wheth...

    The farmhouse said to be built on the chapel site
    1 photo
  • Towie Parish Church

    This parish church is located in the heart of the small hamlet of Towie, just to the south of a large meander of the River Don. The small road through Towie follows the boundary of the church graveyard, turning almost 90 degrees through ...

    Towie Parish Church
    12 photos