Places of Worship in Peterhead Parish in Grampian Region

  • Antiburgher Hall, Peterhead

    This town church in Windmill Street was built in 1794, originally as an Antiburgher Hall. It has granite walls and a slate roof, and when last visited was in good condition but no longer in ecclesiastical use. It is used currently as a c...

  • Apostolic Church, Peterhead

    This is a modern church in Ware Road, and has brick walls and a corrugated composite roof. When last visited it was in good condition and in full ecclesiastical use.

    D. Bertie, J. Dowling 2011

  • Balmoor Terrace Hall, Peterhead

    This is a modern town church in Balmoor Terrace, and has brick walls and a slate roof. When last visited it was in good condition and in full ecclesiastical use.

    D. Bertie, J. Dowling 2011

  • Blackhill Church, Peterhead

    This rural church on the outskirts of Peterhead is no longer in ecclesiastical use, and was converted into a farm barn many years ago. The building is complete, but has had a large door inserted into the gable. The granite and slate...

  • Boddam Evangelical Church

    Boddam Evangelical Church is new; date not known yet. It is located in a new housing area to the south wester boundary of the former RAF site. The church is in a large enclosed plot, used as a car park; it is situated towards the rear of...

    View from south east over road
    5 photos
  • Boddam Parish Church, Peterhead

    This town parish church in the Boddam area of Peterhead, in Manse Terrace, was built in 1865 and has granite walls and a slate roof. When last visited it was in good condition and in full ecclesiastical use.

    View of front of church from south-west
    4 photos
  • Boddam United Free Church, Peterhead

    The United Free Church lies to the east of Trinity church with its main elevation facing north. It was built in the 1870s. It is surrounded by a stone wall; grass has been planted around the church.

    View of church from road
    7 photos
  • Bretheren Meeting House, Boddam

    This former meeting house is located to the south of the United Free Church, which is on Church Place.

    View from south east
    4 photos
  • Church of Christ, Peterhead

    This modern town church in Merchant Street has brick walls and a concrete tile roof. It is in good condition and in full ecclesiastical use.

    D. Bertie, J. Dowling 2011

  • Constitution Street Hall, Peterhead

    This modern church in Constitution Street has brick walls and a corrugated composite roof. When last visited it was in good condition and in full ecclesiastical use.

    D. Bertie, J. Dowling 2011

  • Glendale Road Hall, Peterhead

    This church in Glendale Road has brick walls and a slate roof. When last visited it was in good condition and in full ecclesiastical use.

    D. Bertie, J. Dowling 2011

  • King Street Baptist Church, Peterhead

    This is a town church in a street, and was built in 1878 for the Baptist congregation, which had formed in the town in 1840 and originally used temporary accomodation. It has granite walls and a slate roof, and when last visite...

  • Kingdom Hall, Peterhead

    This is a modern town church in York Street, and was built in 1988. It has brick walls and a tile roof, and when last visited was in good condition and in full ecclesiastical use.

    D. Bertie, J. Dowling 

  • Meethill Baptist Meeting House

    This Baptist congregation in Peterhead currently meet in a school building in the Meethill district of the town.

    JD 2011

  • Old St Peter's Church, Peterhead

    This church is now a ruin, with only parts of the granite and sandstone walls remaining. The church was damaged by subsidence in the early 19th century and demolished in 1806 and replaced by a new parish church (St Peter's Parish Church)...

    Tower,West elevation, South-west corner of church
    10 photos
  • Peterhead Burgher Church

    This Burgher Church was located on Charlotte Street, and built in 1800. However, it was demolished and a new United Presbyterian Church was built on the site, in 1858. This later place of worship was itself demolished in 1917 when the bu...

  • Peterhead Congregational Church

    This town church in Queen Street was built in 1870 and has granite and slate walls, and when last visited was in good condition and in ecclesiastical use. 

    D. Bertie, J. Dowling

  • Peterhead Methodist Church

    This town church in Queen Street was built in 1866 quite close to the Congregational Church. It has granite walls and a slate roof, and when last visited it was in good condition and in full ecclesiastical use.

    D. Bertie, J....

  • Peterhead United Presbyterian Church

    This town church in Charlotte Street was built in 1858 by David Fraser on the site of a Burgher Church built in 1800. It has granite walls and a slate roof, but was demolished some time after it was sold off in 1917.

    D. Bertie J....

  • RAF Chapel

    RAF Boddam closed some years ago and the chapel was also closed. For at least 6 years and probably longer the chapel has been used as a nursery. For this reason it was not appropriate to be shown around.

    The chapel sits on irregu...

    View from south
    3 photos
  • Royal National Mission For Deep Sea Fishermen, Peterhead

    This is the Royal National Mission for Deep Sea Fishermen, and is a Mission Church. It is is a modern building and has brick walls and a felt roof. When last visited it was in good condition and in ecclesiastical use.

    D. Bertie, ...

  • Salvation Army Citadel, Peterhead

    This town church in Chapel Street dates to 1767. It was originally a Scottish Episcopal chapel but is now a Salvation Army Citadel. It has granite walls and a slate roof, and when last visited was in good condition and in full eccle...

  • Skelton Street Hall, Peterhead

    This modern town church in Skelton Street has brick walls and a slate roof. When last visited it was in good condition and in full ecclesiastical use.

    D. Bertie, J. Dowling

  • South Pentecostal Church, Peterhead

    This town church in Chapel Street was built in 1878-9. The church was originally built as a Free Church, and became a Church of Scotland place of worship in 1930. It has granite walls and a slate roof, and when last visited it was in goo...

  • St Andrew's Church, Peterhead

    This is a town church in a street, and was built in 1869-70. It was formerly known as East Church. The church has granite walls and a slate roof, and when last visited was in good condition and in full ecclesiastical use.

    D. Bert...

  • St Mary's Roman Catholic Church, Peterhead

    This is a town church in St Peter's Street and was built in 1850/1 by Bishhop James Kirk. It has granite walls and a slate roof, and when last visited was in good condition and in ecclesiastical use.

    View of church from road
    13 photos
  • St Peter's Episcopal Church, Peterhead

    This is a town church in Merchant Street, and was built in 1814 by Robert Mitchell with additions being carried out in 1905. A previous church, built in 1798, originally stood on this site. The present church has graninte walls and ...

  • St Peter's Parish Church, Peterhead

    This parish church in Peterhead was built in 1804-6 by Alexander Laing. It was built to replace the older parish church building which was abandoned (and largely demolished soon after) due to subsidence in the early 19th centur...

  • Trinity Church, Peterhead

    This town church was built in 1843 as a Church of Scotland place of worship. It became a Free Church soon after it was built and remained so until 1929 when it cecame Church of Scotland once again. This church was also known as West...

  • York Street Hall, Peterhead

    This is a modern town church in York Street, founded in 1983. It has brick walls and a felt roof, and when last visited was in good condition and in ecclesiastical use.

    D. Bertie,  J. Dowling 2011 

  • Zion Tabernacle, Peterhead

    This is a modern town church in Skelton Street and has brick walls and a felt roof. When last visited it was in good condition and in ecclesiastical use.

    D. Bertie,  J. Dowling 2011