Places of Worship in Nigg Parish in Grampian Region

  • Nigg Medieval Church

    There is currently little information about the medieval church located on this site and replaced by the current church, built in 1828. A little of the old church's stonework was re-used in the new church and the weather vane (dated 1763...

  • Nigg Parish Church

    Nigg Parish Church is located on the south side of the River Dee on the outskirts of Aberdeen. It is built on the site of an older, medieval church and is surrounded by a large graveyard. The site is now set amongst relatively modern hou...

    Church and graveyard
    14 photos
  • St Fittick's Church, Nigg

    St Fittick's (or St Fiacre) Church was the local parish church until a new building was constructed in the 1820s. St Fittick's is located in what is now open public parkland near to a 20th century housing estate. The church lies close to...

    View from North East
    4 photos
  • St Mary's Episcopal Church, Cove Bay

    St Mary's Episcopal Church was built in the 1860s as both a church and a boy's school. It is located in the small coastal community of Cove Bay, which is just outside Aberdeen and the suburb of Nigg. A new school was built in the 1890s, ...

    Exterior
    15 photos