Places of Worship in Lumphanan Parish in Grampian Region

  • Lumphanan Cemetery

    This modern cemetery was created in response to the need for more burial space for Lumphanan and surrounding area, after the original graveyard in the village (and that of St Finan's Church) became full. It is a rectangular plot with rub...

  • Lumphanan United Free Church

    A small United Free Church was located here, near a smallholding and cottage called Cloak on the outskirts of Lumphanan village. The site is within a large arable field near the Stothert Memorial Chapel. There is currently no other infor...

    The site of the now demolished church
    1 photo
  • St Finan's Parish Church, Lumphanan

    St Finan's Parish Church was built in 1762, on the apparent site of earlier ecclesiastical foundations from the 7th and 13th centuries. The site was also dedicated to St Vincent after the Reformation. Additions were made to the current c...

    The south elevation
    7 photos
  • Stothert Memorial Chapel, Lumphanan

    Stothert Memorial Chapel was originally built as a Free Church and is sited prominently on raised ground overlooking the village of Lumphanan. There is woodland behind the church and a terraced graveyard lies to the south and east, on st...

    View of the church and graveyard from the south
    12 photos
  • The Houff Burial Ground, Lumphanan

    This small burial ground is thought to date to the 17th century. It is located on the top of a hill above the village of Lumphanan alongside is what is believed to be the remains of an Iron Age hill fort. There are no known definate conn...