Places of Worship in Kintore Parish in Grampian Region

  • Hallforest Chapel, Kintore

    A chapel was located here and thought to date to the 13th or 14th century and of the same date as the nearby Hall Forest Castle. It is likely the chapel was associated with this castle.

    The site of the chapel is now in open agric...

    The field in which the chapel was located
    1 photo
  • Kintore Parish Church

    Kintore Parish Church was built in 1819 on the site of an earlier church. It is aligned east west and located in the heart of Kintore, at the junction of a number of roads. A fairly large graveyard extends to the south and east and has a...

    World War memorial gate
    20 photos
  • Lady's Well, Kintore

    This is the site of a claimed holy well in the town of Kintore, which was on land owned by the local parish church and dedicated to the Virgin Mary. The Ordnance Survey visited the well remains in the 1950s and found it to be a natural w...