Places of Worship in Kincardine O'neil Parish in Grampian Region

  • Bogenchapel, Kincardine O'neil

    Place name evidence would suggest a chapel was located here at some point. There is still a small farmstead called Bogenchapel in the area. RCAHMS records the farmstead being present on the Ordnance Survey First Edition map of around 185...

    The area of Kincardine O'neil where the chapel was located
    1 photo
  • Christ Church Episcopal, Kincardine O'neil

    This small Episcopal church lies at the west end of Kincardine O'Neil in small grounds with a number of gravestones to the south-west. It was built in the 1860s and can seat 100 people. The Farquhar family of Drumnagesk played an importa...

    View from south-west
    22 photos
  • Former Meeting Room, Kincardine O'Neil

    This terraced 19th century cottage was at one point used as a Brethren meeting house. The property was built as a private dwelling and has long since returned to being a private house. It is located in Kincardine O'Neil on the main road ...

    The house formerly used as a place of worship
    1 photo
  • Kincardine O'Neil Chapel Site

    A small chapel is said to have been located near Kincardine Quarty in land owned by Borrowstone House. No other information has been found and the site remains unlocated.

    The area where the chapel may have been located
    1 photo
  • Kincardine O'Neil Hospital Site

    A hospital for the poor was founded by Thomas Durward in 1231 in Kincardine O'Neil. It had an attached church and was linked to Aberdeen Cathedral. No trace of it was located when Jervise looked for it in the 1840s. Its exact location is...

    View of the fields just north of the village where the medieval hospital was located.
    1 photo
  • Kincardine O'Neil Old Parish Church and Hospital

    Kincardine O'Neil Old Church is located alongside North Deeside Road, which runs through the centre of the village. The church is surrounded by a roughly-rectangular burial ground, part of which was destroyed when the road mentioned abov...

    View of the church and graveyard
    12 photos
  • Kincardine O'Neil Parish Church

    This former parish church is located on the main road (North Deeside Road) through Kincardine O'Neil, at the eastern end of the village. It was built in the 1860s to replace the original much older parish church a little distance to the ...

    View of church from west
    3 photos
  • St Erchard's Well, Kincardine O'Neil

    This is the site of a well or fountain, originally dedicated to St Erchard. The original was replaced by a masonry well in 1858, complete with an iron cross. There is no direct evidence that the well is associated with a chapel or monast...

    The field in which the well was located
    1 photo
  • Torphins Former Free Church

    This small former Free Church was built by architect James Henderson in 1843-4 at the start of the Disruption. It is located just to the east of Torphins, along a small single-track road, where a number of modern houses have been built. ...

    View of the former Free Church
    2 photos
  • Torphins Mid Deeside Parish Church

    This is an unusual church building with a striking interior. It is located at the north end of the village of Torphins, Kincardine O'Neil, and situated in wooded grounds with car parking all around. The site is raised above the road into...

    South side of church
    20 photos
  • Torphins South Church

    This church stands in the heart of Torphins village, along the main road. It was built as a United Free Church at the start of the 20th century and stands in fairly small grounds with mature gardens to the north-west. The congregation la...

    The north gable and tower
    5 photos