Places of Worship in Fettercairn Parish in Grampian Region

  • Fettercairn Parish Church

    Fettercairn Parish Church dates to the start of the 19th century and is built partially on the site of a medieval original, dedicated to St Mark the Evangelist. The church is situated in an oval graveyard in the centre of the village of ...

    The church from the south (Photo by Adam Colliar)
    22 photos
  • Newdosk Parish Church, Fettercairn

    Newdosk Parish Church, or Kirk of Neudos, was built as a rectory belonging to St Andrews and dedicated to St Drostan. It was located in a rural setting, north-west of Kirkton of Balfour farmhouse, and the burial ground which develop...

    View of the graveyard and church site (Photo by Adam Colliar)
    9 photos
  • St Andrew's Episcopal Church, Fasque, Fettercairn

    This small church is located in woodland near open farmland in the rural community of Fasque, Fettercairn. It was built on estate land for Sir John Gladstone in 1847 and was originally a private chapel. It is now the community Episcopal ...

    The church in its rural setting (Photo by Adam Colliar)
    21 photos
  • St Martin's Chapel, Chapelton, Fettercairn

    The remains of a chapel and burial ground, dedicated to St Martin, were located here, close to Chapelton Cottage. The site became part of a field in the later 18th century. Bones were reportedly ploughed up regularly in the early 19th ce...