Places of Worship in Drumoak Parish in Grampian Region

  • Drum Castle Chapel

    Drum Castle Chapel is situated in a small wooded area of grounds close to the Drum Castle complex. The chapel dates to the 16th century and was restored in the 1850s. The present structure is built on the site of an earlier, larger chape...

    The west gable of the chapel
    19 photos
  • Drumoak Free Church

    This large church was built in 1880 as a Free Church and is situated along the main road which runs through Drumoak and the adjoining Park. It is aligned NW-SE and is surrounded by small grounds with a hall to the rear. The church became...

    View of the former church from the south-east
    11 photos
  • Drumoak Old Parish Church

    The roofless ruins of this small church stand in small, overgrown grounds alongside a later mill complex (now private houses), close to the banks of the River Dee. The date of the earliest church on this old site are unclear. The earlies...

    View of the south elevation (Photo Copyright C Page)
    5 photos
  • Drumoak Parish Church

    This parish church is located on a prominent hillside site above the village of Drumoak. It was built on a new site in 1835 to replace the much smaller and ruinous old parish church (see separate site, Drumoak Old Parish Church). It is a...

    View of the church from the south-east
    23 photos