Places of Worship in Banchory-Ternan Parish in Grampian Region

  • East Parish Church, Banchory

    East Parish Church was the original parish church in Banchory, before West Parish Church was built on High Street in the 19th century. East Parish Church is built alongside Station Road, east of the town centre and there is a large churc...

    View of tower and front from south
    30 photos
  • Former Church, Arbeadie Terrace, Banchory

    This small former church lies on Arbeadie Terrace, close to the junction with High Street. It was built into fairly steep ground overlooking the main road through Banchory, with the River Dee to the south.

    Little inform...

    View of the former church from the south-east
    4 photos
  • Former North United Free Church, Banchory

    This former church is located in a town setting, on the corner of two streets in Banchory. It was a United Free Church originally but is now a Masonic Hall. West Parish Church and St Ternan's Episcopal Church lie just to the west.

    View of the building from the north-west
    7 photos
  • Mortuary Chapel, Banchory Burial Ground

    A mortuary chapel or burial aisle is located in the burial ground of Banchory, close to the site of the medieval cruciform-plan known about from records and next to a round former watch tower. The current parish church stands around 100m...

    View of the chapel or burial aisle with watch tower alongside
    4 photos
  • St Columba's Church, Banchory

    This urban church is located in Banchory town centre, along High Street, close to St Ternan's Episcopal Church. There are small grounds to the front and rear, which are mostly given over to car parking. The church was built in 1931. ...

    View of the church from the south
    14 photos
  • St Ternan's Episcopal Church, Banchory

    This small Episcopal church is located on Banchory High Street in an area of town with three churches in close proximity. The church stands back from the road, with grounds to the front and rear. It was built in the mid 19th century by a...

    The west gable of the church
    17 photos
  • West Parish Church, Banchory

    West Parish Church occupies a prominent corner site in the town centre of Banchory. It was built as a Free Church between 1879 and 1885 in a Gothic style. The church was built at the western end of the town and its dominant baronial bell...

    The church from the south-east
    19 photos